The best way to predict the future is to invent it Alan C. Kay
Offer ways to help the client to remember why he invested his resources in the project.
||Why it matters
||When to use it
||Who would benefit it most
||Where to find it
|Stress, Portrait of a Killer
||Impact of feeling "low ranking"
||Entrepreneurship can be stressful but... less than other positions
||when the client wonder if the project worth the trouble
||client aiming for higher quality of life
||first half plus last 7 minutes
||official PBS page
||Explicit your motivation
||Be able to remember daily on what you are aiming for and what you want to avoid
||when the client feels lost
||client now knowing why he wants to invest in his project
Feedback on shared material
- references added in Communication/Marketing/Xye
- Creative entrepreneurs can survive the crisis : "Creative entrepreneurs can weather the current global economic crisis better than traditional businesses" says Jean-Claude Larréché, INSEAD professor of marketing.
- my own motivational playlist
- Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams, CMU, 2007
- "Brick walls let us show our dedication. They are there to separate us from the people who don't really want to achieve their childhood dreams." (from 1:11:40 to the end as a condensed version)
- Failure: The Secret to Success by Honda
- demotivational posters
- Studying - Today a reader, tomorrow a leader; for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
- Necessity - The mother of all inventions
- Hang On - Because things don't always go as planned.
- Direction - Never look where you are going, always look where you want to go.
- Your Own Road, ya got make it yourself
- Engineering the most effective solutions often include creativity
- "It is by acts and not by ideas that people live.", Anatole France
- "Il faut choisir : se reposer ou être libre", Thucydide (audio version at 51:34).
- "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." Dorothy Parker Famous Art Quotes from Quotegasm "Spread the wisdom"
- "An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cells it occupied.", Arnold H. Glasgow
- Scientists, Monks and Bankers - It's All About Love by Peter A. Gloor, Swarm Creativity Blog January 2010
- Studies Find Reward Often No Motivator by Alfie Kohn, Boston Globe 1987
- inspiration, tropical toxic 2008
- Trusting You Have the Knowledge to Create Something New by Yvonne Chan, Big Ideas Fest 2009
- ISBN : 978-1-59184-166-1 The Dip by Seth Godin (recommended by Nicolas)
- Invention on Wikiquote, a term which refers to the activity of creating new forms, compositions of matter, devices, or processes, or to the products of this activity.
- What's Dangerous Is Not To Evolve, Jeff Bezos on Innovation
- Creativity Loves Constraint by Marissa Mayer, Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leader Speaker Series, 2006
- There, I Fixed It Epic Kludge Photos
- Moodscope Manage your mood with a little help from your friends
- "Comfort comes first as a guest, Then becomes your host, And eventually your master. It is best to keep comfort as a guest." anonymous