Back to Research.
The history of idea management
Colors as Dimensions
- technological progress
- social organization progress
- methodological progress
- political progress?
- biological progress?
- CoEvolution work
- Itaipu (after page 70): They manage to work with communities for social development and environment awareness they gather all the village and ask them to list the things that are not working (many aspects, agriculture, health, education etc) then are stimulated to write down wishes, after those wishes are turned into effective actions and become seeds that will result in the tree of hope and they actually have a wall with a the action-seeds that go to the painted by their kids tree.
- 1xxx - DaVinci idea box
- 1xxx = Darwin and his notebook that eventually provided him the cognitive support to let emerge and discover that patterned that allow us now to see this radical at that time new perspective (cf UTC class on philosophy of science)
- John Dewey Pragmatism and Instrumentalism, Epistemology
- Disjkstra annotation system (cf Edsger Dijkstra - Discipline in Thought)
- 1995 - Global : Ideas : Bank started in according to About Us - Our history
- March 2006 - Creation of the page "Ideas bank" on Wikipedia
- 2006, October - A Short History of Idea Management and What Makes It Work (or Not Work) by Bill Shockley, Senior Idea Management Consultant
- 2008, June - Seedea wiki starts
- 2008, July - Gartner's hype cycle includes "Idea management"
- 2008, October - Seedea.org hosts seedea
In order to realize this inquiry we will study the evolution of the scientific method since we use the hypothesis that science progress by reaching the state of the art then going further. We will suppose that philosophy and science converge since in history most scientific discipline have evolved from an informal stage often called philosophical or folk science to a more formalized form (references should be added).
The evolution of art could also be a path to explore but since it is often said to be without method, it will be studied only later on.
the evolution of the scientific method and its supporting tools
direct experiment, actions >> talk >> printing press >> computing tools >> software >> social software
- A Brief History of IEI by Imagination Engines, Inc.
- the history of automation of creativity as seen by the viewpoint of the founders of IEI, starting with their summer of 1976
- The Mechanical Mind in History, Cambridge, MA: MIT Press
- Evolution of the scientific method
- Cognitive Archeology
- Cognitive Scaffolding
- Where brain body, and world collide by Andy Clark for the Philosophy/Neuroscience/Psychology Program, Department of Philosophy, Washington University, 1998
- Cyberinfrastructure as Cognitive Scaffolding: The Role of Genre Creation in Knowledge Making | Academic Commons December 16th, 2007 by Janet Murray, Georgia Tech
- Evolving Cognitive Scaffolding and Environment Adaptation: A New Research Direction for Evolutionary Robotics by Tom Ziemke, Nicklas Bergfeldt, Gunnar Buason, Tarja Susi & Henrik Svensson for School of Humanities and Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Stigmergic collaboration
- Evolution of creativity
- History of ideas
- L'histoire de l'Art
- Histoire matérielle et immatérielle de l'art moderne & contemporain de Florence de Mèredieu, Larousse, 3rd edition 2008
- par ses outils, techniques, artefacts, modeles, societes, ... et non pas ses realisations
- etudier l'evolution et si possible trouver des correlations et etre capable d'anticiper
- Institut National d’Histoire de l’Art a pour mission de développer l’activité scientifique et de contribuer à la coopération scientifique internationale dans le domaine de l’histoire de l’art et du patrimoine.
- recommendations by the bookkeeper of the Pampidou's museum
- François Dagognet philosophe français
- Pierre Francastel Art et technique aux XIXe et XXe siècles, Paris, éd. de Minuit, 308 p., ill. (Coll. L’Homme et la machine, 7) ; rééd. Paris, Gallimard, 1968 (Tel)
- Aesthetic Universals and the Neurology of Hindu Art, Vilayanur S. Ramachandran, UC San Diego, 2008
- Session at INHA
- How Art Made the World, KCET / BBC, 2006
- History of innovation
- What Engineers Know and How They Know It: Analytical Studies from Aeronautical History (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology) by Walter G. Vincenti, 1990
- Innovation Timeline by The Great Idea Finder in 2007
- Key places
- Knowledge management and especially creativity KM at Bell's lab
- Remove buzzwords by remembering who the public will be (so far only internal but doesn't want it to look like Sokal's experiment)
- working out something precise / what has already been written (cf the To integrate section)