Warning: the proposal for fully automated management remains at FinancialTools.
(Purely) Virtual currency
peer-to-peer network based anonymous digital currency.
Ordered by size of capital and type (equity, loan, etc) or even source (LP, banks, crowd, etc).
Seed funding / Business angels
See also my notes VentureCapitalAndTheFinanceOfInnovation.
Crowdfunding / P2P Finance
- open money enables your community to create new types of money and use them to cultivate the kinds of wealth that really matter.
- crowdfunding.fr blog by Malik Goulamhoussen
- While in the past web-enabled innovation in the sector meant online banking and web-access to front-end customer services, there is today a growing set of organisations which remove banks and other institutions as intermediaries altogether.
- Kickstarter funding platform for artists, designers, filmmakers, musicians, journalists, inventors, explorers...
Community funding for open projects
Social Lending and microfinance
- Dr. Yunus and micro-credit received the nobel prize for peace in 2006 with P2P/Citizen Initiative growing on the web and p2pfoundation.net offering a rich starting point
- PRETp2p - prêts de particulier à particulier / kiva.org / babyloan.fr (from iTele evening edition of the 14th of November)
- as a solution to Money As Debt directed by Paul Grignon quoting at 32:05 :
- "If some people within this money supply begin systematically lending money at interest, their share of the money supply will grow. If they continually re loan at interests all the money that gets paid back, what's the inevitable result? Weather its gold, theater, dept money, doesn't matter, the money lenders will end up with all the money. And after the foreclosures and bankruptcies are all filled, they will get the real property too. '''Only if the processes of lending money at interests were evenly distributed amongst the population would the central problem be solved.'"
- Kiva Loans that change lives U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- R Package Recommendation Engine competition on Kaggle
- Review of Mint On-line Personal Finance Tool : The Vault is About Half Full for Armchair Fiduciary
- online FOSS/SaaS based on RADIUS, TACACS and Diameter (cf Accounting (IT) management on wikipedia)
- Black–Scholes mathematical model of the market for an equity, in which the equity's price is a stochastic process.
- If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich? The Effects of Education, Financial Literacy and Cognitive Ability on Financial Market Participation by Shawn A. Cole and Gauri Kartini Shastry for HBS Working Knowledge, 2009
- Artificial Intelligence matrix from Seedea
- Wesabe : "a community of real people dealing with real money issues."
- discussed with Sylvain
- Money as Debt II Promises Unleashed from MoneyAsDebt.net
- kaChing find and follow top investing talent.
- kaChing API
- "access your portfolio, watchlist, performance history, trade history, research posts"
- issuing trades on 10-Minute Introduction to KaChing's REST API
- GnuCash personal and small-business financial-accounting software
- Category: Business » Stock Exchange at Abbreviations.com
- Advances in Machine Learning for Computational Finance (AMLCF '09), at University College London
- XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) open data standard for financial reporting.
- Open Economics provides open content, data and code related to Economics.
- The Industrial Organization of Banking by David Van Hoose, Springer 2010
- Le virus B crise financière et mathématiques by Christian Walter and Michel de Pracontal, Canal Academie January 2010
- SITMO Quant Equation Archive community project to share and organize quantitative financial equations.
- Trading Agent Competition Competitive Benchmarking for The Trading Agent Community
- CrunchBase free database of technology companies, people, and investors that anyone can edit.
- could be used to monitor emerging companies thanks to an RSS flux listing funded projects by name, location and money invested (and ideally other options to filter on)
- Fundspire Clear, easy-to-understand hedge fund research platform
- Move Your Money
- Bay Area Trading Systems Interest Group explore and discuss Trading Systems, Meetup.com
- ibpy implements functionality that the Python programmer can use to connect to IB, request stock ticker data, submit orders for stocks and futures, and more.
- SeriesSeed.com standardized set of documents that can be quickly and easily deployed for a seed investment: to help get a company financed properly, legally quickly and intelligently.
- CAP-idea deploy capital in the form of "Growth Debt"
- GPUs in Finance A Thalesian weblog: the power of GPUs
- Oxford-Man Institute Realized Library daily non-parametric measures of how volatility financial assets or indexes were in the past.
- Ledger a powerful, double-entry accounting system that is accessed from the UNIX command-line. (suggested by JayDugger)
- FPGA for HFT
My notes on Tools gather what I know or want to know. Consequently they are not and will never be complete references. For this, official manuals and online communities provide much better answers.