Moonwalking with Einstein : The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer - ISBN 159420229X - Penguin 2011
Suggested by Catherine after several discussions on memory.
List the main decisions that should be impacted by reading the book in order to estimate the Seedea:Content/Newconcepts#InformationActionRatio and facilitate rule design as suggested after finishing TheTinkerersAccomplice.
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain before having read the book.
- ref to history of reading
- basic concept of location
- book organised in a similar fashion
- oral history studies
- to share with Gilbert and Joel, author of The Beggar King and the Secret of Happiness
- Raymond Lull encountered before (~p150)
- for his Ars Magna and mechanical thought ideas
- Gordon Bell at Microsoft, also encountered before (p156)
- conclusion of chapter on the sense of "me" and "self" and the different Western and Eastern view (p161)
- classical neuro/psycho cases
- memorizing numbers via e.g. Major System or Person-Action-Object system (PAO)
- the OK plateau (p170) seems like a classical sigmoid
- Andi Bell "You have to analyze what you're doing wrong." as a pledge for meta-cognition
- tracking data (p176)
Overall remarks and questions
- overall see my related efforts
- compare with my own habits and tools
- problem of cost and more importantly hidden bias, adding connotation to other memories
- mostly techniques to visualize objects, thus mostly efficient on very concrete objects
- basically tagging a fake logic or at least story to object at a mesoscale
So in the end, it was about X and was based on Y.
Point A, B and C are debatable because of e, f and j.
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain after having read the book. Link it to the pre-reading model and align the two to help easy comparison.
Back to the Menu