This page collect questions I am very interested in.
General - Social organization - Geopolitics/Strategy - Cognition - Cultures - See also (with Question answering Communities and
Engines) - To do
- what is actually a good question?
- what is the evolution of the mathematical syntax?
- have non-interactive formal proof checking (thus not like Wikipedia:Coq) been used with evolutionary programming?
- is there a visualization of the evolution over time of open problems in mathematics? theoretical computer science?
- is there a relation between the complexity of a function and the complexity of its inverse?
- i.e. if there a relation between O((x)) and O(1(x)) and vice-versa?
- 1 <=> g((x))=x
- if O((x)) >> O(1(x)) then is an OWF
- is there a function such that knowing one, one can know the other?
- is it possible to know if a function is part of such a family of functions without determining the complexity of its inverse?
- does such a family have specific properties?
- Consider Philipppe Roux or rather Adib Rahmouni since I had class with him, check if is there research in controllability and OWFF at IHES
- moved exploration to Mathematics#OneWayFunction
- inspired by MardiInnovation07
- how are social system sensitive to initial conditions?
- what is the epistemological impact of politics?
- i.e. how are research budgets in the major university hosting the major laboratories with their team and equipment being impacted by new policies from elected governments
- or through a different route, how independent research, especially fundamental research with its long-term goal and costly equipment, actually is
- ask Roberto
- check ScienceInsider: Breaking news and analysis from the world of science policy.
- map of future estimates of Parts-per notation air measurements, an equivalent of climatology (thus long-term) of pollution
- stats of #UAV used since 2000 up to now
- number of kills UAV done total and per UAV
- curves visual to see the trends
- underlying strategy (priority matrix, algorithms, ...) per UAV
- evolution of their embedded strategies
- where does DoD/DARPA and their robot manufacturers store the data from the last combat situations
- what size is it, can ML be applied to it, etc
- who will know when OPEC reach peak oil first?
- rank species by impact on the trophic web of another specie
- added to Vademecum
- computer part required (coltan, silicon, ...)
- Is there an energy limit to key civilization events?
- technological singularity consider current earth as a starting point?
- in general? (not necessarily starting from earth)
- question inspired by the argument of recursive improvement in AI/Seed AI/AGI
- see also Energy related ##AGI log (15/03/2010 at 20:28)
- moving out of earth? terraforming another planet?
- What is the evolution of the amount of energy available per human over time? (see also Seedea:Content/Newconcepts#EnergySlave )
- cycles used in national supercomputers (i.e. usage not characteristics)
- evolution of technologies
- will the carbon market become faster and more volatile than the energy market?
- News from specific labs that communicate rarely
- When did a normal person (financial median) had the computational power of a historically earlier society?
- Example : iPhone processing power vs. Mayan society?
- if so, if there a pattern? Is it becoming shorter and shorter, longer and longer? What are the consequence?
what would be the benefits (and trade-offs) of embedding this wiki on dedicated hardware?
- is there a meta recommendation engine?
- are there "better than human neurons"?
- is a rat or a mouse neuron more efficient?
- how can we compare?
- why is one better than the other?
- can we go further and transplant? re-engineer?
- is human thought a local optimization of intelligence? (inspired by Rémy Brague : La légitimité de l'humain, Canal Académie January 2011
- thus are there a better more general optimum?
- is there a visualization of flexibility and pace of migration over time of areas of a mammalian brain?
- difference of topics between western journals of philosophy and asian journals
- is there a repository of non-biological phylogenies?
- what are the most important archaeological epistemological affordances?
- Offers for tasks with financial compensation (deprecated)
- a la Erdos
- assign an absolute value for each need (ideally with an anchor)
- Yahoo! Answers
- each question must have a target page to update
- i.e. where should the answer be used
- add a formalism and a notification in order to automatically do queries
- search RSS using OpenSearch
- monitoring newly opened datasets
- Google News Alert
- NASA/ESA/... idea management software?
- existing military "threshold of upper intelligence" for embarked software?
- e.g. are there (DARPA) reports about UAV software that becomes efficient but too unpredictable to be useful?