A living organism is a self-executing piece of knowledge.
- Philosophy is the rigorous discipline of raising the most fundamental questions.
- It is motivated by prior art and not isolated from science for verification but rather uses it to make the most rational and realistic propositions.
- Knowing the state of the art in the discipline one would like to explore is consequently prerequisite.
- Is it thus evolving and improving over time and can not be restricted to a fixed set of examples of sub discipline at a moment in time.
- It also also not passive but rather an on-going process.
Note on the definition
This definition is my own and can be used to look at it whenever I doubt it and compare with my current view. By successive editions one can look at the history page to see how it evolved over time.
- evolutionary epistemology
- computational epistemology
- philosophy of science
Philosophy of mind
- computational models of consciousness
Philosophy of technology
Own thought experiments
- What would if you were the only remaining person on earth and knowing so with absolute certainty?
- aim at exercising one's own definition of happiness