- L'invention du globe, Planete Terre, France Culture March 2010
- Museum visit nearby Trocadero with Paola
- The Passionate Eye : O.Com, cybersex addiction, CBC 2005
- several mentions of the work of Isaac Asimov regarding remote social life
Measuring Cognitive Function - New Results by Gary Wolf, The Quantified Self March 2010
- Data-Driven Computer Science by Edward Benson, MIT CSAIL Haystack Blog March 2010
- Big Bigger Biggest : International Space Station, National Geographic Channel September 2009
The Extended Mind: Recent Experimental Evidence by Rupert Sheldrake, GoogleTalk 2008
- Guy Moquet, Blum, Jaurès, ou comment Sarkozy instrumentalise l'histoire de France avec Laurence De Cock, Voix Contre Oreille March 2010
Personal Growth Series: Dr. William Dement on Healthy Sleep and Optimal Performance, GoogleTalks 2008
- "Gasland", NOW, PBS March 2010
- Is There an “Internet Operating System?” by Mathew Ingram, GigaOM April 2010
- The techniques behind AQUA@home by Geordie, rose.blog April 2010
- Launching Public Discussion of CC Patent Tools by Thinh, Science Commons Blog April 2010
- A free digital society by Richard Stallman, University of Canterbury October 2009
- The C language is purely functional by Conal Elliott, Conal Elliott's blog 2009
- Les prodigieux théorèmes de Mr Nash, Continent Sciences, France Culture April 2010
- Conscious Understanding: What is its Physical Basis? by Roger Penrose, Google Tech Talk March 2010
- ~min49 "Physics as we know it today is in effect computational"
- La fabuleuse histoire des nouilles by Wook Jung Lee, Arte 2010
- Fill in the Blanks: Using Math to Turn Lo-Res Datasets Into Hi-Res Samples by Jordan Ellenberg, Wired February 2010
Comment écrire la science ? by Etienne Klein, Cours méthodique et populaire de philosophie, BnF April 2010
- Memristance is not futile, The Great Beyond, Nature April 2010
- The Collapse of Complex Business Models by Clay Shirky, April 2010
- "In 1988, Joseph Tainter wrote a chilling book called The Collapse of Complex Societies. Tainter looked at several societies that gradually arrived at a level of remarkable sophistication then suddenly collapsed"
- "when the ecosystem stops rewarding complexity, it is the people who figure out how to work simply in the present, rather than the people who mastered the complexities of the past, who get to say what happens in the future."
- La bibliothèque Mazarine by Aurélien Alvarez, Images des mathématiques April 2010
- Sur internet : une nouvelle géographie ?, Planete Terre, France Culture April 2010
- YouTube's original sin. by Farhad Manjoo, Slate Magazine March 2010
- Dirt! The Movie, Ground Media 2009
- Summary of CPOV 2010 (March 26-27, Amsterdam) by Daniel Mietchen, March 2010
Boolean Logic Unlocks The Key To Finding New Genes in Milliseconds by Aaron Saenz, Singularity Hub April 2010
Philosophie - Technique Caterina Zanfi, Arte April 2010
- Information Visualization Manifesto by Manuel Lima, VC blog 2009
- “Information Visualization is the use of computer-supported, interactive, visual representations of abstract data to amplify cognition” Ben Shneiderman, Stuart K. Card and Jock D. Mackinlay
- Form Follows Function, Start with a Question, Interactivity is Key, Cite your Source, The power of Narrative, Do not glorify Aesthetics, Look for Relevancy, Embrace Time, Aspire for Knowledge, Avoid gratuitous visualizations
- Claude Debru : pour une pratique de la philosophie dans les laboratoires de recherche, Canal Academie April 2010
- Interview: Eben Moglen - Freedom vs. the Cloud Log, The H Open Source March 2010
- like RMS, totally right yet completly overestimating the public education AND motivation in regard to privacy, politics and information technology
- Anonymizing patient records for genomics by Daniel Cressey, Nature News April 2010
- Episode 008 - The Social Engineering Zero Day Revealed with EFF as a sponsor, The Social-Engineer.org Podcast April 2010
- Why defining creativity is making you less creative! by Nigel Collin, Leading Creatives April 2010
- including personal comment
Bright Green: Carbon Neutrality, in Four Graphs by Eric De Place, Worldchanging April 2010
- De la plante au béton, Continent Sciences, France Culture April 2010
- "Psychology Of Creativity" - Claire Rowland at London IA by Martin Belam, Martin Belam's currybetdotnet blog April 2010
- An Update on Debt financing for SaaS products by Andy Singleton, Assembla Blog April 2010
- SXSW Talk on WebHooks and the Evented Web by Jeff Lindsay, Web Hooks April 2010
Programming Is the New Literacy by Marc Prensky, Edutopia 2008
Inside the Mind of Google by Maria Bartiromo, CNBC 2010
- A Comparison of Dedicated Servers By Company, intac April 2010
- Episode 007 - Using Persuasion on the Mindless Masses with Ellen Langer, The Social-Engineer.org Podcast March 2008
- Ellen Langer
- at ~min43 "learning how to exploit the power of uncertainty"
- Wikipedia:Mindfulness (psychology)
- at ~min48 "when you stop being judgmental of others you stop being judgmental of yourself and when you are in that state of greater balance, pleased with yourself, you are also less vulnerable to other people attempts to manipulate you, you don't have to run from your own mindfulness"
- Ellen J. Langer - A Scholar of the Absent Mind by Philip J. Hilts, NYTimes.com 1997
- Quand la zone euro joue aux dominos ou le cas grec est-il contagieux ? by Philippe Jurgensen, Canal Académie April 2010
- Visualizing Science swissnex San Francisco April 2010
Why Entrepreneurs Don't Need VCs Saad Khan, Forbes.com April 2010
- Warcraft Civilization with William Sims Bainbridge, One Point, IEET March 2010
- How Addiction Hijacks Our Reward System by Cynthia M. Kuhn, and Wilkie A. Wilson, Dana Foundation 2005
- "Recent imaging studies of the brains of addicts while they were anticipating a ﬁx show that the planning and executive function areas of the prefrontal cortex become highly activated as the addicts plan for the upcoming drug reward."
- "The powerfully addicting effects of nicotine demonstrate that the conscious <<liking>> of the drug experience is not the most important effect of addictive drugs."
- "In an established addiction, the brain’s executive centers have become programmed to take all action necessary to acquire the drug."
- "If you invented the perfect reward-blocking drug, nobody would take it at the cost of losing the pleasures of life. "
- Accelerometers, MEMSuniverse 2009
- "second largest sensor market share after pressure sensors"
- The Accelerometer by Chris, PyroElectro
- Libertés et sûreté dans un monde dangereux : entretien avec Mireille Delmas-Marty, Canal Académie April 2010
Decoding The Brain Of A VC by Vishal Gondal, God in Chief April 2010
- Le stress : mieux comprendre ses mécanismes wih Michel Le Moal, Canal Académie April 2010
- mention of Claude Bernard's homeostasis concept
- PCs impact on the environment - Study tallies environmental cost of computer boom, newsletter of United Nations University Issue31, May-June 2004
- Dwayne Spradlin (CEO, InnoCentive): The Power of Open Innovation, BRITE '10 conference, ColumbiaBusiness April 2010
- concluding on an Harvard study finding that solutions were find 6 disciplines away from the discipline they were originally assigned to
- justifying unlimited diversity (especially since it probably costs less to InnoCentive then to the person involved in the solution)
- Launching Creative Communities: Lessons From the Spore Community by Will Wight, Stanford University 2009
<< March10 | Back to the list of months | May10 >>