Recipes - Tools - Community and Events - References - Inspiration - To do
- using this wiki for composition and listening
- generate a "symphony" from the wiki activity
- generate an "audio hash" (ideally musical, aesthetically pleasing) from the wiki page name
- collaborative streamcast
- participants sharing and voting on the music and the VJ effects
- inspired by numerous YouTube music videos shared on #blinkenshell
- related tools
- Ampache web based audio/video streaming application and file manager allowing you to access your music & videos from anywhere, using almost any internet enabled device.
- Icecast.org free server software for streaming multimedia.
- Libre.fm share your listening habits and discover new music.
- on demand generated music
- portable device that generate "noise"
- input button to record the current time and the algorithm played
- input button to skip to the the algorithm (implicitly voting no)
- export function to send the algorithm on the computer and eventually render it to a more common format to share it with others
- possible solutions
- inspired by ChucK + FPGA + Apple Shuffle
- see also
Community and Events
- Recherche musicale from Ircam, Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique Musique
- Toplap writing of software while it is being executed, allowing programmers to improvise music and visuals live before an audience as well as conduct exploratory research with live source code.
- Les Algoristes site officiel de l'association Les Algoristes
- ZoyBar R&D Lab for academic, hobbyist, and commercial developers to easily create music instruments and applications.
- Soviet Audio Workshop – 21.08.10 @ Black Box (Paris) lekernel’s scrapbook
- find compositions I did for the flute when was younger
- electronic music done with samplers (including FruityLoops and with Manu)
- Seedea:Research/AutomatedArt and TheSelfMadeTapestry#SeeAlso
- discuss the result with
- Alexandre Humez (email sent)
- Nicolas (DJ side)
- Thibault (mathematics of music)
- Raphael (all instrument musician)
- Wikipedia:Algorithmic composition
- Wikipedia:Algorithmic art
- Répétitions, l'esthétique musicale de Terry Riley, Steve Reich et Philip Glass 2010
- L'oreille musicale : comment la développer ?, Canal Académie June 2010
- Computer-Aided Algorithmic Composition (CAAC)
- Five Notes For All by Sam McDougle, The Beautiful Brain August 2010
- IU Bloomington Musicat a computational model of human melodic perception.
- Wikipedia:Music cognition
- Wikipedia:Diminished seventh chord
- Workshop in Algorithmic Computer Music (WACM) at UCSC
- MIT Media Lab
- Opera of the Future concepts and techniques to help advance the future of musical composition, performance, learning, and expression.
- Hyperinstruments designing expanded musical instruments, using technology to give extra power and finesse to virtuosic performers.
- Hyperscore by Morwaread Mary Farbood
- see also discussion with Paola on Paseo de Recoletos, Madrid
- http://echoprint.me as open source music recognition
- Tempo/Rhythm/Echo extraction from Music by Werner Van Belle, Chaos Computer Camp August 2011
- Algorithmic symphonies from one line of code -- how and why?, countercomplex October 2011
- Computational Tools for Music at Microsoft Research