Box 5.6 p287
Mental Self-Presentation: S-PreM (ST, X, SP)
- S is an individual information-processing system.
- ST is the system as a whole, under a true teleofunctionalist description.
- SR is the system as a presentandum, that is, an aspect of the current state of the system as available for its own presentational capacities.
- X presents SP for ST.
- X is a physically internal system state strictly correlated with internally generated stimuli.
- The intentional content of X can become available for introspection3. It possesses the potential of itself becoming the representandum of subsymbolic higher-order self-representational processes.
- The intentional content of X cannot become available for introspection4. It is not available as a representandum of symbolic higher-order self-representational processes.
- The intentional content of X can become globally available for the selective control of action.