Recipes - Tools - Community and Events - References - Inspiration - To do
- e.g. applying CognitiveEnvironments on phone and appliances (laptop, domotic and related appliances on current location)
- "physical" bitcoin wallet using RFID
- random music
- continuous on the go music stream aiming toward a personal auditive aesthetic
- multiple tracks
- random generation
- decide what a sample is
- output sound (DSP?)
- required time to reach quality
- share result for live social interactions (Thomas)
- know when to take a pill (and when not to)
- input pill X, Y, ... taken at timestamp Tx, Ty, ...
- curves of upper limit and down limit
- output visual and/or vibration as warning signal
- quantitative life
- be able to record quickly and in a very private way (nobody else has to know an event has been recorded) a non-predefined series of event
- register button pressed with timestamp
- output date
- memorization of the association of event/button required
- take a picture/scan of your own hand to really have the ideal shape
- replace button with EEG/fMRI/...
- ideas of applications
- smiles, X calories, ideas, feelings, steps, learn something, healthy behavior, ...
- ...add more
- past explorations
- to explore
- Willow Garage Open source libraries and tools for building robotics applications.
- #OpenRobotics hashtag on Twitter
- EU FP7 RoboEarth a World Wide Web for robots: a giant network and database repository where robots can share information and learn from each other about their behavior and their environment.
- note that this most likely require a proper self-model so that downloaded strategies can be adapted to a robot with different capabilities and physical apparatus (e.g. less precise hand grip)
- consider WithoutNotesJune11#CuriosityDrivenDevelopment as a way to explore and efficiently leverage packages from RoboEarth or ROS
- Society of Robots aka SoR
- cloud robotics
- Robotic Open Platform (ROP) aims to make hardware designs of robots available under an Open Hardware license to the entire robotic community. It provides CAD drawings, electric schemes and the required documentation to build their own robot.
- RobotsAppStore.com targeting the most popular platform and taking a cut
- not public as of late December 2011
- Cloud Robotics, Google I/O May 2011
- ROBOT launchpad a robotics startup community and event
Add also conferences by MIT professor and Roomba CTO Rodney Brooks
Brain-Computer Interface (BCI)
Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- FPGAs: cryptography and bioinformatics, CMSC 411 at The University of Maryland
- "Since FPGAs are better suited to computationally intensive tasks with little I/O, computer science fields based in mathematical algorithms (like cryptography) or dynamic programming algorithms (like bioinformatics) are instrinsically suited to FPGA use."
- consider cellular automata as a model
- interesting for me to learn since it goes from high level abstraction (functions) to low-level primitives (logic gates)
- Xilinx Programmable Logic Design Quick Start Hand Book
- History of FPGA by Ivo Bolsens, Xilinx 2007
- Milkymist open source solution for the live synthesis of interactive visual effects for VJs (video performance artists).
- FPGA Basics by Vineet, 2008
- QEMU open source machine emulator and virtualizer
- An Actor/dataflow Programming Model for Platform FPGAs at CMU by Dave Parlour, Xilinx 2007
- FPGAs Enter The Third Dimension by William Wong, Electronic Design March 2010
- ABL Equipment AVNET, with an FPGA containing 12 mega gates and 60 floating point multipliers.
- Project-CORTEX:Neural network synthesis on FPGA by Bernard Girau, INRIA 2006
- fpga4fun.com where FPGAs are fun
- SHA-1,SHA-256 and MD5 Hashing, Fast (Helion) Xilinx
- Reconfigurable datapath array (rDPA) is a coarse-grained morphware unit for Reconfigurable computing.
- libhdlfltp FPGA coprocessor floating point math lib
- VHDL library of floating point operators, all of which are parametrized, synthesizable to FPGAs and cover a number of the core operators in math.h
- competitive advantage
- shortening prototyping cycle for new (eventually open) hardware
- parallel processing
- real-time signal processing
- motivation Needs#WikiOnAChip
- are there self-optimizing FPGA?
- predicting it's next "free" range
- no work based on previous history
- table of version and associated run time
- mutate the code
- update table
- if time lower and result correct
- swap existing code with new code
- check if the time gained is worth the time spent and thus energy spent
- fpgaCAD Free CAD tool flows for FPGA research and education
- FPGA for HFT, moved from FinancialTools
- Xilinx acquisition of AutoESL High-Level Synthesis Tool, shared to Nicolas
- MyOpenFPGA a list of useful web resources and links.
- OpenCores community for development of hardware IP cores as open source.
Community and Events