Material recommended by ThePhysicist
- Tim Berners-Lee on the next Web, Tim Berners-Lee, TED, February 2009
- Inspiring talk from the inventor of the web on linked data.
- Zen Habits: Simple Productivity
- Daily updated with new simple tips to increase productivity. Approach is unique and different from other productivity related sites
- Physicists observe permanent magnetism in gas for the first time, University of Toronto, October 2009
- Very interesting observations from an excellent experiment carried out by the University of Toronto
Neurogenesis in the Human Brain: Fact or Fiction, Serendips's Exchange, Stephanie Wall, January 2008
- Discusses how previous ideas regarding neural development have changed and the validity of new ideas relating to neurogenesis
- very interesting, just lacking some little "home tips and tricks of neurogenesis" section ;)
- Textbook Revolution
- Textbook Revolution is a student-run site dedicated to increasing the use of free educational materials by teachers and professors. Includes books on Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Health Sciences & Medicine and Biology
Artificial Intelligence Topics Virtual Library, July 2008
- Virtual Library of AI related topics including cognitive science, reasoning, machine learning and robots
- great but I already know it, a "classic" ;) (but gave me the idea to subscribe to the wiki feed , nice!)
- eFluids Bicycle Aerodynamics
- Next time you are riding you'll understand all the forces acting on you and how you can counteract them for maximum aerodynamic efficiency :)
- perfect, hope that it also have a swimming equivalent (will check it as soon as I have the net back)
- PmWiki Cookbook: MimeTeX
- Can be used to include rendered mathematical equations on pages using a TeX like markup.
- indeed, very nice and Im using a similar recipe on Seedea, this and PmGraphViz can quickly make a wiki to a real nice learning/teaching place
Building a terabyte-scale data cycle, June 2009
- Possible development as an idea. General advancement of computing.
Free Book Centre, June 2009
- Many books relating to computer science. Easily downloadable. No chains of link.
Physics resources, June 2009
- A collection of physics related resources including lecture notes, videos and articles.
Swiss homes, June 2009
- Measuring charge state of atoms using force microscope, June 2009
- Breakthrough in atomic science, creating the possibility of super molecular insulating materials.
The Linux Kernel, David A Rustling, June 2009
- A guide to how the Linux Kernel works
Fire and Knowledge, Joshua Sowin, July 2009
- Philosophical rambling
- An introduction to critical thinking, Steven Schafersman, 1991
- Critical thinking. Incredibly useful in arguments and resolving dilemmas
- The Dana Foundation - Decision Making and Planning - Dana Guide, November 2007
- Relating to cognitive and brain research in decision making and planning.
Projecteuler - Solve mathematical/computer programming problems online, October 2001
- Stimulating mathematical problems requiring elegant algorithms implemented via computer programming
Vedic Math Tutorial, no date
- Your brain will reward you after this
Physics: Particles simulated under values of attraction, repulsion and friction, August 2001
- Interactive, educational fun (though overly simple)