Evolutionary Dynamics : Exploring the Equations of Life by Martin A. Nowak - ISBN 0674023382 - Harvard University Press 2006
Watching Evolutionary Dynamics of Harvard Science Center Research Lecture Series 2006
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain before having read the book.
- "Evolutionary Dynamics presents those mathematical principles according to which life has evolved and continues to evolve." (p.ix)
- "Wherever information reproduces, there is evolution." (p.ix)
- "In this book, the languages of biology and mathematics meet to talk about "evolution. (p.x)
- 1 Introduction
- structure of the book chapter by chapter page 4 to 7
- 2 What Evolution Is
- "This chapter introduces three basic building blocks of evolutionary dynamics: replication, selection, and mutation." (p9)
- Simplex and its Applications on Wikipedia
- 3 Fitness Landscapes and Sequence Spaces
- 4 Evolutionary Games
- 5 Prisoners of the Dilemma
- 6 Finite Populations
- 7 Games in Finite Populations
- 8 Evolutionary Graph Theory
- 9 Spatial Games
- 10 HIV Infection
- 11 Evolution of Virulence
- 12 Evolutionary Dynamics of Cancer
- 13 Language Evolution
- 14 Conclusion
Overall remarks and questions
- mentions of Ronald Fisher's work
So in the end, it was about X and was based on Y.
Point A, B and C are debatable because of e, f and j.
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain after having read the book. Link it to the pre-reading model and align the two to help easy comparison.
Back to the Menu
Other read books linking to the EvolutionaryDynamics page :
Back to the Menu