|Can buy||Can't buy|
|Fancy mobile phone||Friends|
|Strong bodyguards||Sense of security|
|Best surgeon||Own genetic material|
|Internet access||A meaningful improving network|
|Religious symbols||Realistic introspection|
|Judgment through corruption||Honesty and integrity|
|Services of a prostitute||Physical and emotional intimacy|
According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, if you can still buy your happyness, your are still down the pyramid.You can buy your way up (but it's not necesseary) only to a certain point.
- add symbols or proxy for values that one can buy to demonstrate the possession of a quality
- i.e. buying physical good that shows you are at level N+1 rather than you current N
- examples virtual-economy.org , luxury goods, ...
- order the table to follow the pyramid order, use the same colors
- You're Not Your Fucking Khakis, Fight Club
- What money can't buy by Michael Walzer
- Money and Commodities, excerpt from Spheres of Justice
- not that findings in cognitive science seems to show that re-wiring, even at the neurological level, might have occurred to the point that inferences from older animals become inaccurate.