CoEvolution > Oimp > Languagepot
Initiator : Fabien
Investor : Paola
Example of usage
- you are reading an article you like
- you like it because it's interesting, so you are focused and having a good time learning.
- At the same time you are a bit disappointed because, once again, it's in English, and what you like to do this day is improving your French
- so imagine that every Nth word would be replace by a French word and, if you move your mouse over it, you could see the English original word
You would then improve your French at the same time,
and, because it's a word in a context, you wouldn't have to look it up in a dictionary, you'd just deduce the meaning.
- Reducing the overload of only new vocabulary
- Focusing on content that matters to you (and not blank "learning material")
You learn a new language while browsing pages your favorite pages in your native language.
Demonstration of the solution applied to an online article (English speaker learning French).
- opportunity = problem + skills
- you have a need
- I have the skills
- we can build on this situation to mutually gain.
- In order to build it some resources are needed
- some initial investment has to be made to build the 1st version
- since it's an intellectual product, this 1st version could be reproduced to infinity without additional costs
- paying for the first version entirely is not fair
- we promote this to gain more coverage
- future gains are thus shared by ratio of time to enter (inversionally proportional amount since last enters took less risk)
- shares would always be a percentage
- if nobody donates the initial investor still has a solution for its needs but the person who work on the solution does not have to re-reimburse for a work he already produced
All parties thus win relatively to their inmplication on the project (work, early investment and risk taking)
Motivation for making it a project with symbolic investment
- The investment for such a project would be 10euros
- it is more "symbolic" that anything else... I think that, like in poker with friends, betting just 2 euros turns it a lot more exciting, even if it's just symbolic
- but it gives you the incentive, the motivation, it's thrilling.
- Kanji-lish : Firefox add-on that allows you to practice Japanese kanji while you read English (or other languages).
- LanguageBob Firefox Add-On. Revise and improve languages effortlessly
- smart word replacement
- seems deprecated