(redirected from Content.TheRSSquest)
Own specific usages
- news websites
- scientific publications and journals
- Tools I am currently using (equivalent to an improved changelog)
- new published books from specific publishers
- entire wikis recent changes
- wiki pages history
- personal discipline MemoryRecipe
See my complete OPML file from my Bloglines account for details (outdated since Bloglines closed in late 2010). Eventually
~/.newsbeuter/urls will be cleaned and uploaded here instead.
- rsslounge free GPL web based rss feed reader
- NewsBlur by Samuel Clay
- aspirator simple, lightweight web-based feed reader (based on Django)
- Tiny Tiny RSS open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) aggregator (PHP/SQL)
- Lazyfeed live updates on every topic you care about.
- Netvibes Wasabi Edition world’s fastest reader
- Bloglines.com (very few innovations since several years now)
- Sage Too (FF3 port of popular Sage addon, good looking, 'portable' and tweakable via CSS)
- Brief (FF3 addon, quite nice, sidebared with nifty notification statusbar icon)
- River2 from the author(s) of rssCloud
- PARC FeedWinnower, filter feed items by four facets : topic, people, source, and time
- Full Text RSS Feed Get the whole feed and nothing but the feed
- Newsbeuter open-source RSS/Atom feed reader for text terminals
- with its docs, especially important to understand macros, filters, tags, flags, etc
- put into
echo $1 | sed "s/^feed/http/" >> ~/.newsbeuter/urls then call it via Firefox to subscribe to the feed
- Snownews Text mode RSS newsreader for Linux and Unix.
- rsstail by Folkert Vanheusden
- TheYoke is an ultra-simple, polite feed aggregrator designed for use on the UNIX command line.
- rawdog generating HTML through templates
- desktop client
- Liferea simple and free Gtk desktop news aggregator
- RSSOwl (pros: good looking, crossplatform, based aggregator, cons: Java based, slow, not portable)
- Yahoo! Pipes interactive feed aggregator and manipulator (including YQL Execute support)
- xFruits Compose your information system
- RSSBus Building Blocks for Simple Services
- SuggestRSS RSS Suggestions Based on Similarity
- offline since mid-July 2009 (and still offline as of the end of July)
- Toluu sharing the feeds you read and discovering new ones.
- beta invite requested as of July the 29th 2009, received the 31st, toluu account
- see also Recommandation Engines in my Personal Information Stream
- pubsubhubbub server-to-server web-hook-based pubsub (publish/subscribe) protocol as an extension to Atom and RSS.
- extend RSS to RT-RSS (for real-time RSS)
- daily schedule : PBES, MemoryRecipe, chores, ...
- communication means : microblogging, urgent news (including RSS on gradients), ...
- project management : wiki, CVS, ...
- RSS on gradients
- numerical value of any kind
- temperature suddenly drops
- daily backup of an OPML file
echo "33 3 * * * wget http://www.bloglines.com/export?id=UtOpIaH -O/home/utopiah/backup/bloglines_subscription_utopiah_$(date +%F-%HH%M).opml" >> crontab
wc -l backup/bloglines_subscription_utopiah_*
diff $(ls -c /home/utopiah/backup/bloglines_subscription_utopiah_* | head -2)
- study which feeds is added/removeed over time to detect trends and propose suggestions
- provide a delayed (~few days) "meta-feed" with updates for new and deleted subscriptions
- neither RSS nor Webhooks.org available as of early August 2010
- Plagger the UNIX pipe programming for Web 2.0 (Perl)
- Yapra Yet another Pragger implementation (Ruby)
- Pragger (Ruby)
- feedstail (Python)
My notes on Tools gather what I know or want to know. Consequently they are not and will never be complete references. For this, official manuals and online communities provide much better answers.