Play the slideshow
personal/social loops of information and behaviors
- and... why is it relevant?!
- Explicit result : public wiki, IRC channel
- Implicit result : new behaviors
- What's yet to come
- frustration of classical non technological support, technological but private support, etc
- information overload
- multitasking does not cut it
- cheaper cost of transaction
- perception of an "intimate web"
and... why is it relevant?!
- establish a loop between personal and social
- "I" personally manage my own life through
- the tools made by others
- the methods made by others
- because "nodes" are starting to connect themselves
most of this shared online, on the web.
Explicit result : public wiki, IRC channel
Implicit result : new behaviors
- online behaviors change offline behavior
- (if there is still an "offline")
- distributed cognition
- hosted on multiple tools and places
- delegated cognition
- executed through a network of processes
- emergence of "cognitive commons"
- with the explosion of FLOSS bricks
What's yet to come
- limited access to identified user to parts of PIMs
- more machine learning techniques
- requiring us to understand what bias designers had
- integration and usage of OpenData
- "politics of cognition" modified on a daily basis ?
- scientific PIM, leveraging the scientific method, daily
- your ideas?
And maybe you participation to OurP.IM ;)