Harvard Business Review on the Innovative Enterprise edited by Peter F. Drucker and John Seely Brown - ISBN 159139130X - Harvard Business School Press 2003
Present from Sylvain.
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain before having read the book.
- Creativity Under the Gun
- Study on how pressure can kill or inspire innovation (p1)
- based on a large study but through self-measurements
- mostly distinguishing 4 main types and that their impact depends on the organization
- ToughMinded Ways to Get Innovative
- establish sustainable innovation thanks to 5 keys action within networks of innocation(p27)
- Start at the top
- Always innovate to rise
- Know the competitive dynamics of your business
- Performance where innovation lives
- Breaking Out of the Innovation Box
- intermediaries, who are they, are they required and what is their potential (p49)
- The Sputtering R&D Machine
- Case study in the appliance business regarding short-term safe innovation (retro designs) vs. long-term riskier innovation (networked appliances) (p67)
- Inspiring Innovation
- 16 very short comments from export spawning from theoretical research at CERN to corporate at IBM (p89)
- The Discipline of Innovation
- Innovating with a purpose but success through diligence, persistence and commitment (p111)
- Research That Reinvents the Corporation
- Build an environment for continuous innovation and the example of how Xerox did it with PARC (p129)
- Creativity Is Not Enough
Overall remarks and questions
So in the end, it was about X and was based on Y.
Point A, B and C are debatable because of e, f and j.
Draw a schema (using PmGraphViz or another solution) of the situation of the area in the studied domain after having read the book. Link it to the pre-reading model and align the two to help easy comparison.
Back to the Menu
Other read books linking to the TheInnovativeEnterprise page :
Back to the Menu