Clarify my goal and how it differs or not with existing fields and how those fields compare to each other.
- evolutionary epistemology
- computational epistemology
- philosophy of science
- artificial intelligence
- learning theory
- machine learning (ML)
- artificial data synthesis
- probably approximately correct learning (PAC)
Here usually artificial implies not evolved, requiring human conscious efforts at one point in time, and computational is roughly equivalent to algorithmic and machine. It would be important to list the result of each area, e.g. software, heuristics, models, ...
- Sumit Basu, researcher in machine learning for creativity at Microsoft Research